Friday, October 16, 2020

Class Cancelled Today - Friday October 16

 Good Morning Carpenters!


As we talked about in class, today we were due to begin our gazebo, which means we would be working outside all day.  

That also means we can't work if it's raining.

When it comes to rain though, we can't just go for it and hope for the best: I'm conscious of the fact that several of you have to work to arrange rides to and from school, and can't just travel in on a chance and leave early if we get rained out.  In other words, I need to make a decision now - before the day starts.

I remember an old boss once said to me that when it comes to decisions like this, any decision he makes would be the wrong one.

Given that, I'm calling a rain day today.


It's raining currently where I live, and the Environment Canada forecast for the day calls for likely rain all day.  I might still be willing to chance it, except that after lunch the forecast calls for thunderstorms with lightening, and a gazebo just isn't worth that risk. 

So take the day, you can catch up on all the reading I gave you this week, and review your gazebo plans - see if you can find the mistake (hint: it's in the rafters).  


As always, be in touch if you have any questions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Electrical Class This Week

 If you've been paying attention then this shouldn't come as a shock to you [/rimshot], but tomorrow you'll begin your electrica...